Tuesday, October 18, 2011

On Communication

I should just admit it:

I'm behind.

On Twitter replies, Tumblr ask box replies, Facebook replies, and--worst of all--emails.

I am terribly, terribly, terribly behind.

But.

I am trying to write Book 3. I mean, I've been trying to write it for some time, but I'm in the long sprint to the finish line right now (read: crazy focused and dedicated to finishing like whoa), and it's too easy to let (literally) hours go by when I venture online.

I know many of you are writers, and you understand. <3 And many of you are readers, and I'm sure you'd rather me write a book than an email. That, at least, is what my publisher must surely be thinking, lol!

So please forgive me, but for the next little bit, I'm going to be a tad incommunicado. I'll pop online between breaks and answer what I can, but it'll probably be a tad sporadic. And by "tad," I mean: very. If it's something urgent, please mark it as such in an email. I may miss Facebook or Twitter posts, but I will eventually get to every single thing in the inbox.

<3

*opens up Scrivener*   *hunches back over the manuscript*   *stares blankly at the screen*

5 comments:

Charlee Hoffman said...

Don't worry. We love you. (Also, Scrivener is the BEST!) We want you to write book three! Drink lots of tea, make sure there is a supply of chocolate within reach.

A Million Suns is great, and I can't wait till the release date so I'm not gagged by the embargo!

CV

Gabe (Ava Jae) said...

Keep writing! Sounds like you're nearing the finish line--we'll all still be here when you've finished book three. Until then, keep going!

Bethany (youngbooklove) said...

Don't you worry about it - do your thing lady! :D

Slamdunk said...

No apologies necessary Beth. I am thrilled I reduced my need-a-reply-or-at-least-some-attention email pile from 60 to 30 this weekend.

Good skill with the book.

Natalie Aguirre said...

It's okay. Writing is more important. And now that I have a blog I find that I can't follow everyone as much as I used to. Like you, I hope people understand.