Thursday, December 3, 2009

Waiting on Wednesday...

So, I don't usually go for memes, but the book blogger world has one that I do tend to read a lot, the "Waiting on Wednesday" meme, where they list the books they are most excited about reading in the future. I have found many new books for my TBR pile by reading book blogger's WoW memes.

Recently, however, I found one that I am *very* excited about. I don't know why, but lately I've been hard pressed to find a book I was dying to read--perhaps it's because Suzanne Collins' CATCHING FIRE was so good that I was having trouble getting worked up about a book when I compared it to hers.

But when I saw Rachel Ward's NUMBERS described on Steph Su's blog, it went instantly to my wish-list. Here's the description:

Ever since she was child, Jem has kept a secret: Whenever she meets someone new, no matter who, as soon as she looks into their eyes, a number pops into her head. That number is a date: the date they will die. Burdened with such awful awareness, Jem avoids relationships. Until she meets Spider, another outsider, and takes a chance. The two plan a trip to the city. But while waiting to ride the Eye ferris wheel, Jem is terrified to see that all the other tourists in line flash the same number. Today's number. Today's date. Terrorists are going to attack London. Jem's world is about to explode!

Wow! I can't wait for this one!!!

So, what books are you excited about? Which ones are on your Christmas wish-list?

8 comments:

Elana Johnson said...

WOW!!! I've written a book about a boy who can see numbers, but it is beyond lame! And compared to this??? Wow, I can't wait to read this book. Thanks Beth!

Scott said...

My Christmas wish list . . .

The Gathering Storm by Robert Jordan and Brandon Sanderson

ArchEnemy: The Looking Glass Wars (Book 3) by Frank Beddor

Yes, these have been released, but since I'm a good brother, I don't shop after October 1 so my sisters have nifty gifts to get me. Ha!

I think I'll have to add Numbers to my list since it sounds pretty terrific.

Unknown said...

Oooh! Cool/terrifying premise.

Heidi V said...

This sounds really good thanks!

Jennifer said...

WOW. WANT. THAT book is now on my list. :D Thanks for sharing this!

Other than that, there are way too many to list, really...

PJ Hoover said...

Ooh, it sounds great! I'll have to add it on GoodReads!

Angela said...

I just opened CATCHING FIRE a few minutes ago (can't believe I've waited this long to crack it open...waiting for my kids to settle in for the night!)

Tabitha said...

I have an ARC sitting by the bed right now. I will be getting to it soon!